Rochester (0-2) vs. Alfred State (0-2)
6th meeting, U of R leads 5-0, Rochester defeated Alfred State 14-7 last year
September 15th * 1 p.m. * Pioneer Stadium Stadium
|2018 Record (Overall/Conference)||0-2 (0-0 ECFC)||0-2 (0-2 Liberty)|
|2018 Offensive Numbers||
116.5 rushing yds/game
282.5 pass yds/game
105.0 rushing yds/game
151.5 pass yds/game
|2018 Defensive Numbers||49 points/game
218.0 rushing yds/game
275.5 pass yds/game
272 rushing yds/game
215 pass yds/game
|Players to Watch||DL #44 Nick Azzato||QB #11 Josh Brown|
|DB #2 Josh Smith||WR #87 Daniel DiLoreto|
|OL #78 Sam VanValkenburg||LB #24 Caden Cole|
|RB #25 Ronnie Clark||CB #21 Adam Baghi|
|RB #20 Kiegan Brown||RB #25 Damon Yargeau|
Scouting Alfred State:
- The Pioneers are looking to bounce back after a 49-24 loss at Hartwick last weekend. The Pioneers fell behind early for the second straight week and for the second straight week put together three impressive scoring drives in the 2nd half. The offense gained 423 total yards (157 on the ground and 266 in the air) in the contest but the Hawks used a balanced attack and gained 201 yards on the ground and 321 yards in the air in the contests.
- The Pioneers forced a pair of turnovers in the contest, an interception by Josh Smith and a fumble recovery by Nick Azzato.
- Jalen Long continued his hot start to the 2018 season. He caught nine passes for 130 yards - he now has 18 catches for 303 yards. Ricky Hagins already has 167 yards receiving and two scores as well.
- Ronnie Clark rushed for 89 yards and a score last week while Dashown Wilson rushed for 60 yards on 17 carries on top of passing for 262.
- John Lauretti led the defense with six tackles, a sack and a forced fumble. Garvin Nixon had a team high five solo tackles.
- The Pioneers have scored 42 of their 45 points on the season in the 2nd half so getting points on the board early will be key this week vs. Rochester.
- Alfred State has convereted 37% of their 3rd down attempts but has allowed opponents to convert 62% of the time. The Pioneers are 5 for 9 on 4th down already this season.
- This is the sixth straight season that Alfred State and Rochester has battled. Last year the Pioneers held a 7-0 lead late in the 3rd quarter but the Yellowjackets turned the game around after an interecption and put together two scoring drives to defeat Alfred State 14-7.
- The Yellowjackets are led by first year head coach Chad Martinovich.
- Rochester was defeated 31-7 last weekend by Carnegie Melon in their home opener and are 0-2 on the season. Carnegie Mellon scored a pair of 2nd quarter touchdowns to break a 7-7 tie en route to the victory. The Tartans rolled up 324 yards on the ground. Josh Brown was 13 for 26 for 95 yards and rushed for 51 yards on eight carries. Damon Yargeau led Rochester's rushing attack with 84 yards on 12 carries. Noah Barnard and Adam Baghi both intercepted passes for the Yellowjackets.
- Projected starting quarterback Josh Brown does a little of everything. On top of his quarterback duties, Brown is the punter (13 punts for an average of 32.46) and is the team's holder. Matt Gallagher saw a lot of time at quarterback in their season opener vs. Case Western. He was 18 for 35 for 208 yards.
- Damon Yargeau has 94 yards rushing on the year on 17 carries while Sean Mannion has 75 yards on 20 carries.
- Dan Diaz leads the receivers with eight catches while Daniel DiLoreto leads the team with 90 yards on five catches.
- The Yellowjacket offense has scored all 17 of their points this season in the 1st half.
- Caden Cole leads the defense with 17 tackles while Adam Baghi has 15 tackles and an interception. The Yellowjacket defense has allowed 974 total yards in the first two games but has intercepted four passes.
- Rochester has converted 34% of their 3rd down attempts and 50% of 4th down tries but has allowed a 51.9% conversion rate on 3rd down and a 80% rate on 4th down to their opponents.
Around the ECFC:
Alfred State: 0-2
Anna Maria: 0-2
Games this week:
Friday 9/14: Merchant Marine at Maritime
Saturday 9/15: Rochester at Alfred State, Dean at Salve Regina, Apprentice at Gallaudet (cancelled due to Hurricane Florence), Anna Maria at Curry, Western New England at Husson, and Castleton @ Norwich
Game Day Information:
- Live Stats
- Live Video - free SD version - $4 for HD version - no audio other than natural sound and public address announcements.
- Tickets: $5 for Adults, $2 for Seniors, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff, and youth under 13.
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 10 a.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
- Players from the Canisteo Youth Flag Football League will be joining the
Up Next: Alfred State travels to Nichols next weekend for their final non-conference game. The game is slated for a Noon kickoff. Rochester hosts Emory & Henry next weekend at Noon.