Alfred State (0-2) vs. University of Rochester (1-0)
Saturday, September 19, 2015
Rochester, NY * Fauver Stadium
3th Meeting - Rochester leads 2-0
ASC Offense: 11 points per game, 147.5 ypg (12 rushing & 135.5 passing)
ASC Defense: 42.5 points per game, 456 ypg (274.5 rushing & 181.5 passing)
UR Offense: 45 points per game, 501 ypg (260 rushing & 241 passing)
UR Defense: 28 points per game, 475 ypg (95 rushing & 380 passing)
Players to watch:
|RB #4 Joshua Hinds||QB #2 Dan Bronson|
|WR #12 Erik Simmons||RB #32 Myles Allen|
|LB #5 Kenneth Nelson||RB #26 Nick Perpiggnan|
|LB #21 Steven Hubick||LB #22 Chris Merenich|
|K/P #19 Zack Goodwin||DE #34 Isaiah Smith|
- The Pioneers and the Yellowjackets meet for the third straight season. The Yellowjackets have taken the first two match-ups including a 35-21 decision last year.
- Alfred State struggled in all areas in heavy downpours last week, falling 44-2 vs. Husson. The University of Rochester opened up their 2015 season with a 45-28 victory at Catholic in a wild offensive battle.
- The offense never got started last weekend for the Pioneers. They were held to just 41 yards and completed just five passes. The offense also struggled with turnovers (3 interceptions and one fumble).
- The U of R racked up 501 yards of offense last week and recorded 31 1st downs. QB Dan Bronson threw for 237 yards and three scores and rushed for 98 yards and two scores. Myles Allen rushed for 103 yards and Nick Perpignan caught two touchdown passes.
- The Pioneer defense forced four turnovers last week and have forced six turnovers already in 2015. The linebacker trio of Kenneth Nelson, Steven Hubick, and John Garbowski combined for 33 tackles last week.
- The Yellowjackets defense allowed over 300 yards passing and close to 500 yards of total offense last week but was able to come up with three sacks, an interceptions and a fumble recovery. Chris Merenich led the defense with 10 tackles while five other players recorded nine tackles.
- Zack Goodwin has been key to the field position battle for Alfred State. Goodwin has sent five punts inside the 20 already this season and has a long 62 yards on the season.
- U of R's defensive coordiantor Jacob Lees played at Alfred State during his first two years of college.
Tickets/Stats/Radio/Game Day Information:
- Live Stats: http://www.sidearmstats.com/rochester/football/
- Pay Per View Video: http://www.uofrathletics.com/watch/?Live=268
- Radio: http://www.wysl1040.com/
- The Pioneers travel to Castleton State next weekend for a Noon kickoff.
- Rochester hosts Springfield next weekend at Fauver Stadium.