ONE DAY, wth ONE GOAL, as ONE ALFRED!
Today is Alfred State's Day of Giving! The college hopes to crush the goals of $120,000 and 500 donors as we raise funds for scholarships, technology, athletics, and new program development.
When asked to give to any cause the first question is normally, WHY? As a member of the athletic department for over 16 years the only answer is the STUDENTS, more specifically the STUDENT-ATHLETES.
During my time working in the athletic department I have seen so many great success stories by Student-Athletes. I will try to highlight just a few.
- A Student-Athlete that is conditionally accepted, excels in the classroom on top of performing at a Hall of Fame level, graduates from Alfred State and currently has his dream job.
- Student-Athletes coming to Alfred State with hopes of playing at a higher level. Many of these Student-Athletes have achieved those goals and have played professionally in football leagues, in minor league baseball, in overseas football & basketball leagues, and competed in running competitions all over the country.
- Individual Student-Athletes join a team at Alfred State, become a family, and compete at National Championships and bring back individual and team accolades.
- Student-Athletes donating time, resources, and putting in great efforts to help support our local community and national charitable organizations.
- Student-Athletes graduating from Alfred State and representing the best attributes of being a Pioneer in their careers, families, and communities.
So TODAY we ask you to participate in #ASCDay2Give by donating at give.alfredstate.edu or give directly to the athletic department on our team page. Your gift can be designated to the athletic department or to any team.
Proud to be a Pioneer and thankful for the support!
Paul Welker, Asst. Athletic Director/Sports Information Director