The Alfred State swimming and diving team will travel to the Allegheny Mountain Collegiate Conference Championships this week looking to make a splash. The Pioneers will head to Penn State Behrend on Wednesday for the start of the four-day event.
Alley Sell (Hanover, PA) leads the way for the Pioneers. She enters the championships with the fastest time in the 100 breast (1:09.68) and the 200 breast (2:38.12), and the 4th fastest time in the 400 IM (5:14.02).
Ethan Dale (Lock Haven, PA) leads the way for the men's team. He is ranked 3rd in the 100 breast (1:02.42) and 3rd in the 200 breast (2:17.19). He is also ranked #4 in the 200 IM (2:03.56) and 5th in the 400 IM (4:33.42).
Other swimmers to watch:
- Kaileigh Lehman (Beaver River) is ranked 3rd in the 100 breast (1:17.96) and 4th in the 200 breast (2:50.93).
- Sarah Stevens (Wellsville) is ranked #5 in the fly (2:51.90)
- Myriah Perry (Canisteo Greenwood) is ranked #7 in the 100 back (1:06.83)
- Bryce Cutler (Newton, NJ) is ranked #4 in the 400 IM (4:32.17) and the 1650 free (18:17.05) and 5th in the 200 fly (2:07.92)
- Tim Olin (Perry) is ranked 4th in the 200 back (2:05.44) and 5th in the 100 back (57.68)
- Kyle Sporysz (Cuba Rushford) is 5th in the 100 free (51.73).
Alfred State's diving team will rack up the points as they compete in the 1 and 3 meter competitions. Rebecca Stevens (Wellsville) is the highest ranked in both competitions while Nick Beach (Canandaigua) holds the top spot on the men's side. The Pioneers have six of the 10 divers competing.
Wednesday's session begins at 7 p.m. while preliminary action start at 10 a.m. and finals start at 6 p.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
AMCC Championship Home: links to live Video and Results from the 2017 AMCC Championships.