The Alfred State men's indoor track and field team continued their solid season with a 3rd place finish at the RIT Early February Invitational. The Pioneers scored 108.5 points in the event.
The relay teams led the way for the blue & gold. The 4x400 relay team of Jacob Drew (Corning Painted Post), Austin Demberg (Minisink Valley), Matthew Connolly (Elmira Notre Dame), and Joe Kretschmar (Phoenix, AZ) won in 4:12.55 while the 4x200 relay team of Cameron Howard (Brockport), Collin Stauffer (LeRoy), Michael Allender (Lew-Port), and Jacob Wadsworth (Dansville) qualified for the ECAC's with a time of 1:35.68.
The Pioneers took four of the top five spots in the 5,000. Connolly was 1st (16:55.14), Ryan Lohr (West Seneca) was 2nd (17:40.33), Kretschar was 3rd (18:19.56), and Conrad Kroll (Minisink Valley) was 5th (19:49.89).
Other top performances included:
- Wadsworth was 2nd in the high jump (1.88 m), 6th in the 60 hurdles (9.83), and 8th in the long jump (6.45 m).
- Drew was 2nd in the 400 (54.18).
- Howard was 4th in the 60 (7.29) while Michael Allender (Lew-Port) was 5th (7.30). Howard was 4th in the 200 (23.89), Allender was 5th (24.00), and Stauffer was 7th (24.24). Stauffer was also 6th in the triple jump (12.08 m).
- Jesse Johnson was 4th in the high jump (1.78 m) and Derek Stein was 5th (1.78 m).
- Tim Berry (Midlakes) was tied for 7th in the pole vault ( 4.10 m)
Part of the Pioneers will head to Boston University next weekend.