Six members of the Alfred State lacrosse team earned USCAA National All-Academic honors. The athletic department finishes the season with 43 student-athletes earning this honor during the 2016-17 school year.
- Dominic Arresta (Southampton) has a 3.57 GPA in Architecture
- Aaron Buck (Churchville) has a 3.56 GPA in Construction Management
- Joe Carr (Churchville) has a 3.63 GPA in Mechanical Engineering
- Nicolas Covelli (Carmel) has a 3.76 GPA in Surveying
- Kyle Hoke (Tully) has a 3.9 GPA in Building Trades
- Joe Johnson (Churchville) has a 4.0 GPA in Construction Management.
The USCAA's National All-Academic Award is designed to recognize all student-athletes (sophomores, juniors, and seniors at four year institutions and sophomores at two year institutions) who have a cumulative grade point average of 3.50 (on a 4.00 point system) or greater.