Gallaudet at Alfred State
Saturday, October 14, 2017 * 1 p.m. * Pioneer Stadium
History between Teams: 1st meeting
Players to Watch:
Galluadet: QB #12 Timel Benton, WR #11 Dylan Mento, SB #27 Canton Meadows, FS #23 Louie Akuffo, OLB #45 Mason Gooch
Tale of the Tape:
Alfred State: 0-5 (0-1 ECFC)
Offense: 6.8 ppg & 169 yards per game (57.2 rushing and 111.8 passing), 3rd Down Conversion - 21 for 71, 4th Down Conversion - 7 for 10
Defense: 34 ppg & 424 yards per game (196.6 rushing and 227.4 passing), 3rd Down Conversion - 33 for 67, 4th Down Conversion - 4 for 9
Turnover Ratio: -1 (8 turnovers/7 takeaways)
Gallaudet: 1-4 (1-1)
Offense: 30 ppg & 431.2 yards per game (308.8 rushing and 122.4 passing), 3rd Down Conversion - 17 for 61, 4th Down Conversion - 7 for 13
Defense: 29 ppg & 429.4 yards per game (157.8 rushing and 271.6 passing), 3rd Down Conversion - 26 for 68, 4th Down Conversion - 5 for 12
Turnover Ratio: 0 (15 turnovers/15 takeaways)
Scouting the Pioneers:
- The Pioneers tried to rally from a 21-point deficit last weekend but couldn't come all the way back in a 28-14 home loss to Dean. Kiegan Brown had a big day recording his first 100-yard game (118 yards) and scoring his first career touchdown. John Lauretti led the team with 12 tackles while Brandon Davis chipped in 10. The Pioneers picked off two passes, Brenlee Gonzalez Delgado and Dashown Wilson, on the day. Wilson returned his for a score to cut the Bulldog lead to seven, 21-14, with just under six minutes left in the game. The Pioneers had a season best 187 yards rushing and a season best 275 total yards.
- Kiegan Brown was rewarded for his efforts last week by being named the ECFC Rookie of the Week.
- The Pioneers will like to continue to have success with the running game again this week. The team was just 11 for 24 for 66 in the passing game and would like to get both facets of the offense going vs. the Bison.
- The defense made two huge plays during the 2nd half of the contest vs. Dean. Brenlee Gonzalez Delgado interecepted a pass that set up the offense in the red zone and Dashown Wilson returned his interception back for a score. The team has forced seven turnover (5 interceptions and 2 fumble recoveries) on the year. The Bison offensive attack is centered more around the rushing attack and Gallaudet has fumbled 11 times already this season.
- The Pioneers have recorded just two sacks on the season. They would like to put more pressure on the Bisons especially in situations when they have stopped the running attack earlier in the possession.
Scouting the Bison:
- Gallaudet had a record breaking day last Saturday when they set numerous team records to go with many individual and personal best marks in a 73-23 victory over Anna Maria. The Bison racked up 939 all-purpose yards, tallied 765 offensive yards, ran for 622 yards, scored 11 touchdowns which includes 10 rushing touchdowns and scored 73 points. All marks are new program records during the modern era of Gallaudet football.
- Canton Meadows leads the team with 191 yards rushing and three scores while Cody Paulay-Simmons has rushed for 109 yards on the year. The Bison have rushed the ball 249 times compared to 74 pass attempts.
- Timel Benton has passed for 609 yards and six scores on the year. His favorite target has been Dylan Mento (10 receptions for 183 yards). He has connected with Joel Dixon eight times for 200 yards and three scores.
- Louie Akuffo leads the Bisons with 42 tackles (32 solo). He has also intercepted a pass and forced a fumble. Jack Gray has been key to the defense as well with 21 tackles and three interecptions. Gallaudet has forced 15 turnovers (six interceptions and nine fumble recoveries) already this season.
Around the ECFC:
- Galluadet at Alfred State, Mount Ida at Dean, Castleton at Husson, Anna Maria at Maritime
- Current Standings:
- Husson: 2-0 (4-1 overall)
- Castleton: 2-0 (3-2 overall)
- Maritime: 1-1 (4-1 overall)
- Dean: 1-1 (3-2 overall)
- Mount Ida: 1-1 (2-3 overall)
- Gallaudet: 1-1 (1-4 overall)
- Alfred State: 0-2 (0-5 overal)
- Anna Maria: 0-2 (0-5 overall)
Game Day Information:
- The college will be celebrating Homecoming this weekend - Find out about all the activities - http://mcal.alfredstate.edu/MasterCalendar/EventDetails.aspx?data=hHr80o3M7J4/NHhfoj7nZW0wj0mq%2BwjDiEVORgnP3YA5Y/SM2CxswjGmRZg11m8l
- Live Stats: http://www.alfredstateathletics.com/sports/fball/2017-18/boxscores/20171014_xln7.xml
- Live Video (Free SD/$5 HD): https://boxcast.tv/view/football-vs-gallaudet-901136
- Tickets: $5 for Adults, $2 for Seniors, Free for Alfred State Students/Faculty & Staff, and youth under 13. - purchase a ticket for the football and receive free admission to the Rodeo taking place at 5 p.m. - http://www.alfredstate.edu/news/2017-09-18/alfred-state-host-bulls-and-barrels-rodeo
- Tailgating in Lot 20 will open at 4 p.m. - Tailgaiting Rules and Regulations
Alfred State travels to Anna Maria for a 1 p.m. contest.
Gallaudet hosts Husson next weekend.