Pioneers Close Season at Wesley
Alfred State (4-5) vs. Wesley (7-2)
Saturday, November 16, 2013 1 p.m.
Dover, DE * Scott D. Miller Stadium
Last meeting: First Meeting
Last Week: Southern Virginia 30 Alfred State 0
Wesley 35 Charlotte 28
AS Offense: 23.7 points per game, 303.1 ypg (167.3 rushing & 135.8 passing)
AS Defense: 28.9 points per game, 326.1 ypg (126 rushing & 200.1 passing)
Wesley Offense: 29.6 points per game, 399.7 ypg (125 rushing & 274.7 passing)
Wesley Defense: 20.9 points per game, 316.3 ypg (114.8 rushing & 201.6 passing)
Players to watch:
Alfred State: Wesley:
#48 Nick DePofi: Jr. LB #14 Joe Callahan: So. QB
#21 Keegan Phalen: Jr. S/K/P #88 Steve Koudossou: Jr. WR
#83 Devin Simmons: Sr. WR #22 Jeremiah Howe: Sr. WR
#8 Dileel Bartley: So. RB #1 Sosthene Kapepula: Jr. LB
#29 Rory Spain: Sr. LB #90 Aamir Petrose: Jr. DE
#9 Ray Onabanjo: So. CB #7 Zane Campbell: Fr. CB
- The Pioneers wrap up their 2013 season and first in NCAA DIII with a visit to Wesley.
- Wesley has won five straight and are currently ranked 15th in the AFCA and D3football.com Top 25. The Wolverines are coming off a victory over Charlotte a member of NCAAA DI (FCS).
- Alfred State has struggled on the road to put points on the board. The Pioneers have scored 213 points with 121 of those points coming in home contest and 169 coming in the blue & gold's four wins.
- Wesley has a potent 1-2 receiver punch of Steve Koudossou (51 catches for 626 yards and eight scores) and Jeremiah Howe (35 catches for 560 yards and two scores). QB Joe Callahan has passed for 15 scores on the year.
- Nick DePofi has been a difference maker the past two weeks. He returned an interception for a score vs. Hudson Valley two weeks ago and led the team with 15 tackles and a forced fumble last week vs. Southern Virginia.
- Wesley's defense has picked off 19 passes on the year. Both Sosthene Kapepula and Zane Campbell have five picks each. Alfred State has 14 interceptions with Keegan Phalen leading the way with four.
- If healthy and able to play Rasheed Williams needs 102 yards to reach the 1,000 yard plateau on the year.
- Live stats and audio is available at: livestats.prestosports.com/Wesley/
- Wesley has advanced to the NCAA DIII tournament eight straight years.
- The Pioneers are playing their 7th road game of the season with all seven games played in different states.
- Final game at Alfred State for seniors Greg Hampton, Thomas Daniels, Kristian Guy, Rory Spain, Brett Harrington, Mike DeGroat, and Devin Simmons
- Mick Caba registered his 100th collegiate coaching victory two weeks ago when the Pioneers defeated Hudson Valley CC.
- The Pioneers are slated to open the 2014 season on September 6 when they travel to Morrisville.