Pioneers Battle Hudson Valley in Home Finale
Alfred State (3-4) vs. Hudson Valley CC (2-5)
Saturday, November 2, 2013 Noon
Alfred, NY * Pioneer Stadium
Last meeting: 2012: Alfred State 30 Hudson Valley CC 24
Last Week: Alfred State was off, defeated Erie CC 35-34 in last contest
Hudson Valley won 20-10 over Ithaca JV
Averages: Alfred State Offense: 24.6 points per game, 311.6 ypg (190.4 rushing & 121.1 passing)
Alfred State Defense: 30.9 points per game, 311.4 ypg (117.9 rushing & 193.6 passing)
Hudson Valley CC Offense: 18.1 points per game, 270.1 ypg (91.1 rushing & 179.6 passing)
Hudson Valley CC Defense: 27.7 points per game, 326.9 ypg (135.7 rushing & 191.1 passing)
Players to watch:
#2 Greg Hampton: Sr. QB
#35 Brett Harrington: Sr. DB
#83 Devin Simmons: Sr. WR
#52 Mike DeGroat: Sr. DL
#29 Rory Spain: Sr. LB
Hudson Valley CC:
#94 Ashton McKenzie: Fr. DL
#10 Nick Casale: Fr. QB
#9 Brandon Egan-Thorpe: So., WR
#34 Tyler Gagnon: Fr. RB
- The Pioneers and Vikings meet for most likely the last time. This is the 19th meeting all-time with the Vikings lead the all-time series 13-5.
- The Pioneers had last week off after playing seven straight weeks.
- The Pioneers defense scored their first points of the season vs. Erie CC when Keegan Phalen returned an interception eight yards for a score.
- HVCC has picked off only three passes all year but the offense has thrown 13.
- HVCC is converting just 29% of 3rd downs and 33% of 4th down chances.
- Alfred State has converted 33% of 3rd downs and just 11% of 4th downs.
- The Pioneer defense has 11 interceptions and has recovered seven fumbles
- Rasheed Williams has been held under 100 yards rushing the last two games. He needs 164 yards to reach the 1,000 yard plateau.
- The Pioneers have three defensive players over 50 tackles (Keegan Phalen – 58, John Garbowski – 57, and Rory Spain – 50). David Howell leads the team with five sacks and Phalen has four picks.
- Live Stats: http://livestats.prestosports.com/alfredstate/
- The game will be broadcasted on WCKR 92.1 FM
- This is the final home game of the 2013 season for Alfred State and the last home game for seven seniors – Greg Hampton, Thomas Daniels, Kristian Guy, Rory Spain, Brett Harrington, Mike DeGroat, and Devin Simmons. All seven were members of the 2011 Region III Championship team.
- Alfred State is currently 6th in the USCAA Week #5 standings
- The Pioneers head to Southern Virginia next weekend as they wrap up the 2013 season with a two-game roadtrip.