Pioneers and Kats Ready to Battle
Alfred State (2-4) vs. Erie CC
Saturday, October 19, 2013 1 p.m.
Alfred, NY * Pioneer Stadium
Last meeting: 2012: Erie CC 30 Alfred State 7, Erie leads all time series 13-3
Last Week: Alfred State fell 38-13 at University of Rochester
Erie CC fell 35-7 vs. Dean College
Averages: Alfred Offense: 22.8points per game, 322.5 ypg (208.2 rushing & 114.3 passing)
Alfred Defense: 30.3 points per game, 307.2 ypg (127 rushing & 180.2 passing)
Erie Offense: 13.5 points per game, 248.8 ypg (85 rushing & 163.8 passing)
Erie Defense: 24.5 points per game, 322.8 ypg (166.5 rushing & 156.3 passing)
Players to watch:
#2 Greg Hampton: Sr. QB, 6-0 – 191 (Uniondale, NY)
#48 Nick DePofi: Jr. LB, 6-4 – 265 (Endicott, NY)
#15 Khris Greggs: Fr. WR, 5-11 – 140 (Rochester, NY)
#29 Rory Spain: Sr. LB, 6-2 – 235 (Tully, NY)
#58 Matt Munson: Jr. DL, 5-10 – 265 (Clyde, NY)
#10 Connor Simmons: QB, 6-2 – 185 (New Palestine, IN)
#1 Tahj Dennis: RB, 5-11 – 180 (Arlington, VA)
#13 Marcus Carter: WR, 6-1 – 170 (New Castle, PA)
#51 Brandon Cannon: LB, 6-0 – 237 (Auburn, AL)
#36 Kareem Manns: LB, 5-10 – 230 (New Rochelle, NY)
#24 Chauncey Kennedy: DB, 5-11 – 170 (Deland, FL)
- The Pioneers and Kats meet for most likely the last time in the long history of the two teams.
- Rasheed Williams streak of 100-yard rushing games was snapped last week by the U of Rochester. He finished with 72 yards and has now rushed for 794 total yards on 130 carries.
- Devin Simmons had his most productive day of the season last week. He caught nine passes for 89 yards and a score. His nine catches almost doubled his season total as he now has 20 on the year for 235 yards.
- The Pioneers defense struggled with the Yellowjackets versatile quarterback Dean Kennedy. Kennedy rushed for two scores and passed for two scores.
- Nick DePofi was a key contributor last week for the defense recording six tackles and a sack.
- The Pioneers are still looking for their first defensive score of the year.
- Erie has struggled in the red zone scoring on 57% of their chances.
- The Kats have had four kicks blocked while the Pioneers have blocked five kicks.
- Freshman QB Connor Simmons has made 183 of the Kats 189 pass attempts on the year. He has completed 95 (51.9%) and thrown for 944 yards and five scores.
- The Kats rushing attack has averaged just 2.3 yards per carry. Charles Fuller leads the rushing offense with 221 yards on 45 carries.
- Live Stats: http://livestats.prestosports.com/alfredstate/
- The game will be broadcasted on WCKR 92.1 FM
- Alfred State is currently tied for 3rd in the USCAA Week #3 standings
- The Pioneers are off next weekend but host longtime NJCAA rival Hudson Valley CC on Nov. 2 at Noon.