Alfred State - Williamson Trade Preview
Alfred State (1-3) vs. Williamson Trade (1-2)
Saturday, October 5, 2013 1 p.m.
Last Week: Alfred State won 55-41 over Apprentice (VA)
Williamson Trade won 29-22 (OT) over George Mason
Alfred State Offense: 19 points per game, 311.5 ypg (204.8 rushing & 106.8 passing)
Alfred State Defense: 36 points per game, 347.2 ypg (147.2 rushing & 200 passing)
Players to watch:
Rasheed Williams: Sr. RB, 6-1 – 215 (Swedesboro, NJ)
Keegan Phalen: Jr. LB/P/K, 6-2 – 205 (East Aurora, NY)
Ismail El-Amin: So. WR/KR, 6-1 – 160 (Rochester, NY)
Nick DePofi: Jr. LB, 6-4 – 265 (Endicott, NY)
Vinny Orlando: Jr. TE/LB, 5-10 – 205 (Havertown, PA)
Codi Elias: Fr. WR/DB, 6-1 – 175 (Middletown, DE)
Nick Rentos: Fr. QB, 5-10 – 170 (Glenolden, PA)
Brian McGilloway: Sr. TE/DL, 5-8 – 190 (Philadelphia)
- The Pioneers and Mechanics renew their rivalry, playing for the first time since 2008.
- Both teams are coming off their first wins of the season. The Pioneers rushing offense exploded for 445 yards while the Mechanics needed overtime to defeat George Mason 29-22.
- Rasheed Williams has two straight 100-yard games. Last week he established a new school record with 335 yards rushing and three touchdowns. For his solid performance he was named Player of the Week by the ECAC, the USCAA, and Alfred State.
- Williamson's roster features just 26 players.
- Keegan Phalen and John Garbowski continue to lead the defense. Phalen has been an all-around contributor playing on defense and special teams. Garbowski has picked off passes in the last two games and is second on the team with 37 tackles.
- Ismail El-Amin sparked the offense last week with two solid kickoff returns. He recorded a 51 and 68-yard return with each leading to Pioneer touchdowns.
- Live state will be available at: http://livestats.prestosports.com/alfredstate/
- Both Alfred State and Williamson Trade are members of the USCAA. They are two of the eleven schools in the association with football. For more info on the USCAA visit: www.theuscaa.org
- The Pioneers have next weekend off and will host longtime NJCAA rival Erie CC on October 19th.