Apprentice (0-3) vs. Alfred State (0-3)
Saturday, September 28, 2013 1 p.m.
Last meeting: 2012: Apprentice 35 Alfred State 21, Series tied at 1-1
Last Week: Alfred State lost 13-0 @ Husson (ME)
Apprentice lost 34-21 vs. Greensboro (NC)
Averages: Alfred State Offense: 7 points per game, 207.3 ypg (124.7 rushing & 82.7 passing)
Alfred State Defense: 34.3 points per game, 308.7 ypg (156 rushing & 152.7 passing)
Apprentice Defense: 43.7 points per game, 432.7 ypg (282 rushing & 150.7 passing)
Players to watch:
Rasheed Williams: Sr. RB, 6-1 – 215 (Swedesboro, NJ)
Keegan Phalen: Jr. LB/P/K, 6-2 – 205 (East Aurora, NY)
Brett Harrington: Sr. CB, 6-1 – 185 (Rochester, NY)
David Howell: Jr. LB, 6-2 – 230 (Rochester, NY)
AJ Anifowoshe: So. WR, 6-1 – 190 (Brooklyn, NY)
Leonard Leak: So. RB, 5-10 – 220 (Georgetown, SC)
Jonathan Whelan: Jr. QB, 6-0 – 200 (Fredericksburg, VA)
Chase Donahue: Fr. WR, 5-9 – 175 (Jessup, GA)
Brock Bullock: Sr. MLB, 6-1 – 230 (Stafford, VA)
Izhia Roundtree: Sr. LB, 5-8 – 210 (Vidalia, GA)
- The Pioneers and Builders meet for the 3rd time in the series with both teams looking for their first win of 2013.
- Both teams have struggled scoring early. The Pioneers have yet to score in the 1st quarter while the Builders have scored just seven points.
- Alfred State's offense has struggled in the first three weeks but the bright spot has been Rasheed Williams. Williams recorded his first 100 yard game of the season last week and leads the Pioneers with 252 yards rushing on the year. The Builders on the other hand are allowing 282 yards rushing per game.
- Freshman wide receiver Chase Donahue has caught three touchdown passes and has accumulated 204 yards receiving to lead the Apprentice offense.
- Apprentice has a -8 turnover ratio while Alfred State has a -1.
- The Pioneers offensive line has yielded 12 sacks through the first three weeks and opponents have 38 tackles for a loss.
- Pioneer linebackers of Keegan Phalen, John Garbowski, Rory Spain, and David Howell are the top tacklers thus far. Phalen recorded 17 tackles in last week's contest at Husson.
- Live state will be available at: http://livestats.prestosports.com/alfredstate/
- The game will be broadcasted locally by WCKR 92.1
- Both Alfred State and Apprentice are members of the USCAA. They are two of the eleven schools in the association with football. For more info on the USCAA visit: www.theuscaa.org
- The Pioneers hit the road next weekend to take on Williamson Trade.
- The football game is part of Homecoming Saturday. Other athletic activities planned include; Baseball scrimmaging vs. Houghton at 10 a.m., Lacrosse taking on an alumni team at 10 a.m., cross country racing vs. their alumni at 11 a.m., and women's soccer taking on North Country CC at 5 p.m. The day is capped with fireworks on the hill above Orvis at 8 p.m.