Alfred State (0-2) @ Husson (ME) (0-2)
Saturday, September 21, 2013 Noon
Last meeting: 2003: Alfred State 42 Husson 14
Last Week: Alfred State lost 35-21 @ Concordia (MI)
Husson lost 36-0 @ Springfield (MA)
Averages: AS Offense: 10.5 points per game, 233.5 ypg (125 rushing & 108.5 passing) AS Defense: 45 points per game, 356 ypg (143.5 rushing & 212.5 passing)
HC Offense: 3.5 points per game, 150 ypg (100.5 rushing & 49.5 passing HC Defense: 34.5 points per game, 409.5 ypg (254.5 rushing & 155 passing)
Players to watch:
Greg Hampton: Sr. QB, 6-0 – 191 (Uniondale, NY)
Rasheed Williams: Sr. RB, 6-1 – 215 (Swedesboro, NJ)
Khris Greggs: Fr. WR, 5-11 – 140 (Rochester, NY)
John Garbowski: Jr. LB, 6-0 – 220 (Mohegan Lake, NY)
Daniel Monachino: Fr. LB, 6-0 – 215 (Oakfield, NY)
Ryan Stroud: Jr. QB, 6-0 – 200 (Dover, ME)
Kyle McKinnon: Fr. RB, 6-0 – 210 (New London, CT)
Ellis Throckmorton: Fr. ILB, 6-3 – 220 (Bangor, ME)
Stephan Dance: Jr. ILB, 5-10 – 200 (New London, CT)
Desmond Nutter: Sr. DE, 6-0 – 245 (Belgrade, ME)
- Both teams are looking for their first win of 2013 as the Pioneers and Eagles battle.
- Alfred State will look to get moving early as the blue & gold have yet to score a point in the 1st quarter.
- Husson's offense has started off slow averaging just 150 yards per game and scoring just one touchdown in their first two contests.
- The Pioneers were just 3 of 17 on 3rd down conversions in their opener at Ohio Northern but improved to 8 of 20 versus Concordia. Husson is only 8 for 32 on 3rd downs and 3 of 8 on 4th downs.
- The Pioneers have a -2 turnover ratio through two games while the Eagles are even in the turnover ratio.
- The Pioneer defense has picked off passes in each of their opponents first drives of the game but the team has not scored any points off of those turnovers.
- Freshman WR Khris Greggs made an impact in the 2nd half of the Concordia contest for Alfred State. He caught three passes for 97 yards and a score.
- Rory Spain picked up right where he left during his sophomore year at Alfred State. He leads the team with 16 tackles.
- This is the second meeting between the schools as Alfred and Husson battled in 2003 as the Eagles were just starting their football program
- Live state courtesy of Husson: http://livestats.prestosports.com/ecfc/ and Live video courtesy of Husson: http://client.stretchinternet.com/client/husson.portal#
- Husson, located in Bangor, ME, is 650 miles from Alfred.
- The Pioneers open up the home portion of their season next week when they host Apprentice School (Newport News, VA). The game is part of Homecoming 2013.