Alfred State has two options for students, faculty & staff, and community members to meet their fitness needs.
Memberships are available for purchase with varying plans available for:
- Registered Alfred State students
- Alfred State staff and dependents
- Community members: Senior citizens (60+), Adults (18-59), Scholastic (13-17)
To Become a Member (Students Included):
- Come to the Center with proper identification and complete registration forms including a waiver-release-hold-harmless agreement and a physical activity readiness questionnaire (Par-Q). A physician’s clearance form may be necessary as determined by Par-Q. Students must have a college physical on file with the Health Center.
- Paid membership fee. (Students must have paid their optional fitness center fee.)
Membership Fee Structure
|1 month||3 months||6 months||1 semester||full year|
|Alfred State Students||--||--||--||$45||--|
|Alfred State Faculty & Staff||$35||$45||$65||--||$110|
Liabilities & Injuries
Participants should be aware that there is a risk of personal injury due to the inherent nature of this activity. Each participant assumes the risk for any harm or injury. We encourage each individual to have a physical examination prior to participation. All accidents or injuries should be reported immediately to a member of the Fitness Center Staff.
Fitness Center Director - Gene Doorley
Phone: (607) 587-4355
Gene Doorley is a certified strength and conditioning specialist. He earned an associate degree from Alfred State College, a bachelor's degree in fitness and health from SUNY Cortland, and physical education teaching certification from St. Bonaventure. Doorley is also the head volleyball coach. Stop in to see Gene or call for an appointment.