The mission of Alfred State College athletic training is to provide each student-athlete with exceptional healthcare through initial care, treatment, rehabilitation, and prevention. Our department is committed to patient care and sport performance of all our student-athletes as well as our visiting competition.
Athletic trainers (ATs) are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to provide preventative services, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. Education requires a degree from an accredited program including formal instruction in areas such as injury/illness prevention, first aid and emergency care, assessment of injury/illness, human anatomy and physiology, therapeutic modalities, and nutrition.
At Alfred State, health-care provided by the athletic training staff is only provided to student-athletes. If an injury or illness is suspected, please contact your athletic trainer immediately. Appointments are available if necessary.
Student Athlete Health Information
Directions for student-athletes to access required athletic department forms:
If you are a freshmen or transfer:
- Click on link to register
- Username is your ASC 800#
- Email is your ASC email address
- Fill in other information as requested
- Click on Register
- You will receive an email from PyraMed with a password. Go back to the log in page, use your 800# and the password that was emailed to you. Do this on a computer as the system will not allow you to log in with a tablet or phone.
- Once logged in, you will see a notice that you have forms to complete. Click on the link and complete the forms. You do not need to print these out as you will sign with electronic signature.
- Note: If you are under 18 years of age, you will need a parent/guardian to also sign these forms.
If you are a returning student-athlete:
- Login to alfredst.studenthealthportal.com and use your password from previous season.
Emergency Action Plan
Policies and Procedures
Alfred State Athletic Training Mailing Address:
Orvis Activity Center
10 Upper College Dr,
Alfred, NY 14802
Athletic Department Fax: (607) 587-4331
St James Mercy Hospital
411 Canisteo St.
Hornell, NY 14842
Jones Memorial Hospital
191 N. Main St.
Wellsville, NY 14895